HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
This course is for group workplace Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting certificates.
You might recognise it as childcare first aid.
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
We come to you, onsite.
This childcare first aid course is suitable for those needing CPR, first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training to work in childcare.
Our courses are ACECQA approved and fully certified.
Courses available Australia wide.
What you get on the day
- Full Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting course
- Free personal first aid kit
- Free CPR fridge magnet
Prices start at $120 per person.
Groups of 6-9: $160pp
Groups of 10-14: $150pp
Groups of 15-19: $135pp
Groups of 20: $120pp
What does this HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting course include?
This course is the HLTAID012 or otherwise known as the Childcare First Aid. This course also includes HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
This is the certificate that is suitable for those needing CPR, first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training to work in childcare.
Here is How this course is delivered?
Online and in-person.
Participants are required to attend 100% of this first aid training and successfully demonstrate competence in all assessment activities.
Some of this course is online and to be completed before the class. Then you will complete a face to face assessment onsite with one of our trainers.
Attendees must be able to perform 2 minutes of consistent CPR on the floor.
Before attending the face to face session, students may need to complete online pre-learning.
Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices.
Internet access is essential.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
Three (3) years from the date of issue.
CPR refresher training should be annual. We will keep an eye on your due date for a refresher and send reminders.
We will come to you and conduct the course at your workplace for groups. Need a venue? Ask us!
What else do I need to know about this childcare first aid course?
Our group classes need to be 10 people minimum. There is no maximum amount of people who we can facilitate.
Written and practical assessment tasks need to be completed.
Not sure which first aid course you need? Read more about them here…
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook, for details relating to rights and responsibilities, complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.