MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Face-to-face mental health first aid course (Sydney only)
This 2-day course led by an accredited MHFA Instructor Course Cost $330.00
The Royal Motor Yacht Club Port Hacking will be again facilitating this course to provide members and guests with the ability to attend and gain knowledge about MHFA. The Venue overlooks Gunnamatta Bay with FREE ample parking and a Bistro • Any special needs, requests or if you require supports please advise.
John will be facilitating this course to provide candidates with the ability to attend and gain knowledge about MHFA.
This internationally recognized course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at the Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries globally.
Content covered includes;
• Understanding mental health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
• Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
• How to provide initial support to adults who maybe experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behavior, panic attacks, aggressive behavior, self harm, acute psychosis.
• Responding to the effects of Traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse.
Following successful completion of the online exam you will immediately be emailed your certificate as an accredited Mental Health First Aider by MHFA. Basically the exam is conducted and completed online after the course and in our own time. The exam does not take more than about 15min to complete.